The present chapel was built and dedicated in 1851 under the leadership of Elder Marriner. He remained with the church for six years during which time the membership grew to around 200 people. From 1857 to 1868, there was a loss of membership due to population decline in the village. From 1868 ti 1882, the church was able to support its own pastor. To continue services after this point, the church cooperated with the Free Will Baptist Church of Rockland (now the Littlefield Memorial Baptist Church). This connection was cancelled in 1896 and the church joined with the First Baptist of West Rockport in support of the pastor. The church was the center of activities for the village of Rockville until the 1970s when it was decommissioned and renamed the Rockville Community Chapel.